Waihōanga is a beautiful and popular venue for weddings, family reunions and other celebrations. It’s a perfect place to create your dream event because we just provide the venue – the rest is up to your imagination! Our facilities include:
- Exclusive use of Waihōanga venue
- Peaceful spaces for preparation and quiet time
- Beautiful lawn and gardens for a ceremony
- Lovely indoor spaces with wood-burning fires
- Space for marquees, glamping and outdoor games
- Accomodation for up to 36
- Camping and glamping options
- Day guests welcome to an overall total of 40 on site
- Plenty of space for parking for guests
- Outside caterers welcome
- A private venue to create your dream day
There are also many wonderful local services who can help make planning your day that much easier – whether you’re looking for catering, decorations, marquees, photography and videography, outdoor furniture, lighting, flowers, make-up or more. This includes some of our favourite locals:
Kapiti Weddings – directory for all your wedding needs
Stretch Tents Wellington – marquees, festoon lights, tables and chairs
Handmaid – hiring, styling and wedding design
Kapiti Hire – for hire of portaloos, fridges and furniture
The Vintage Party – vintage/boho furniture and decor hire
Bob Zuur, who has taken stunning photographs at Waihōanga for many years,
Rachel Dickinson, who creates magical wedding films that capture the heart of your special day, and
Lorraine Taylor, celebrant – warm, friendly and funny, Lorraine will bring a calming presence to your day and work with you to prepare a ceremony that reflects your individual vibe.
There are also a wide variety of options for catering and drinks, including:
Willow Platters – grazing table and serving/support staff
Doris Zuur – Home Cooking Plus email: doris.zuur (at) gmail.com
Fiona Grieg – Sunday Cantina
and a range of food trucks providing delicious food and refreshments:
Dutchys Burger Joint
Sadie Swoon Caravan Bar
Daisy Days Gelato Cart
Click here for inspiration from one wonderful Waihōanga wedding.
Numbers are capped at 40 including day guests. With all large groups there are some additional considerations to be aware of before you book Waihōanga.
In brief, this includes
– all weddings must hire a stretch tent
– we provide a bluetooth speaker that can be used outside for background music. It can be played for up to four hours on one evening per weekend, with an 11pm curfew
– live music is only allowed if not amplified
– no dogs or other animals
– we have a strict alcohol policy, which we will discuss with you when you visit.
If you’re interested in booking a wedding or other event at Waihōanga, please complete our enquiry form for a custom quote.